Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System "stutters" after xp reinstall

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 redboi26

redboi26

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

After catching a nasty virus which after cleaning made it impossible to connect to the internet,I brought my Gateway T20 netbook to a repair place and they did a clean install of windows xp.
When I started my comp afterwards,it took an extremely long time to boot (4-5 min) and when windows finally played the little sound that accompanies windows starting,the sound "stuttered" all sound and video files do this,and any processes i try to load take a long time to load.
I thought maybe my memory had gone bad,so upgraded from 1gb to 2gb. I also checked and saw that all of my drivers were current except for the "SM Bus controller" which is apparently missing.I called the repair place and was told that this would not cause my system to act this way.
Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:45 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The SM Bus controller is the motherboard chipset which should have been installed before any other drivers.

Whats the make/model of the system?
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users