Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Double Clicks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 daisy123

daisy123

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:24 PM

I hope someone can help me with this annoying problem. Whenever I attempt to click ONE time - let's say I'm on-line and I click on the "back" button my computer automatically hits it twice. If I try to click on anything - even email, computer hits twice. What is the problem. I have run virus scan (twice) and adware. It's driving me mad! What am I missing? TIA for any insight to this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:58 PM

are you sure your mouse isnt acting up? also have you checked your mouse settings? i would love to point you to that screen but i myself dont know where it is lol

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 Kruncher

Kruncher

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:59 PM

legoman786: Start>Control Panel>Mouse

#4 ZENER

ZENER

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:03 AM

Your double clicks refers to mouse or touch pad? ...... i have mouse that made in china that i uses which last for a yr or so also have this problem and it was easy solution for me, replace the mouse!.....so most pro it cannot be touch pad and i dn think it is affected by the mouse/touchpad setting. :thumbsup:
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

#5 phantazy

phantazy

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:01 AM

Try changing the 'open folder with one click' option in Folder Options. Or download mw9791-enu.exe from Logitech. It works with most mice.

#6 daisy123

daisy123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 07:15 AM

Thank you so much for the replies. You know, it never entered my mind that it could possibly be the mouse. I was looking for something much more involved and sinister. So, thank you and I will look into this. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users