Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Sata Hard Drive.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jericho380

jericho380

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

Hey Techs...I am so grateful for this site as you have helped me out with a few problems. Now I have another one. I just installed a 500 gig SATA h/d in a Dell optiplex 745 (1 gig ram) and after correct hook up, I get "No Bootable Device Found" Tried to get into the bios to change to auto-detect, but it is password protected? I have heard that pulling the battery out for about an hour and re-installing it will clear that password problem. Is that correct? I also have the Dell Windows xp and the Dell vista re-installation disks as well as the driver disks (unopened). I will most likley go with the xp tho, but I was wondering if I could use either one of those? If not, I will probably install the newest Ubuntu. So, how do I go about doing all this and getting anything to work. I appreciate your input.

Edited by hamluis, 27 September 2011 - 06:33 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware.

Funny thing about "The Blues", You can listen to them when your Happy, Sad, Angry, or just plain Blah. It's a non discriminating mood music. :) HP Pavilion a1600n Windows XP media edition 2 gigs ram 1TB with external hard drive. Or depends on which computer I plug in that day....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jericho380

jericho380
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

Forgot to mention, this is a brand new Western Digital Sata drive, sorry.
Funny thing about "The Blues", You can listen to them when your Happy, Sad, Angry, or just plain Blah. It's a non discriminating mood music. :) HP Pavilion a1600n Windows XP media edition 2 gigs ram 1TB with external hard drive. Or depends on which computer I plug in that day....

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

For your model, there is a dedicated password disable mechanism. Refer to pages 42 and 43 of the Quick Reference Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users