Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:57 PM
Hi! Glad I found your site - wish it was before I started using another site's suggestions.
Got the Data Recovery infection on Saturday night. Found a site before I found yours and did the following:
- Ran cmd, and did attrib -h /s /d to unhide some folders
- Already had MBAM on my system from previous infection; updated and ran that. Did a full scan and removed all selected items.
- Desktop and Start Menu still weren't/aren't right.
- Google search engine was/is still being redirected, and many sites are not displaying properly (i.e.: many not display anything at all)
When trying to get a copy of the latest MBAM for my flash drive, was redirected to your site for free version download, which is how I found you.
Anyway, read through your Uninstall Guide for Data Recovery, and downloaded all of the tools mentioned except for Unhide.exe. Have been trying to download it since yesterday afternoon and it just keeps hanging at 18% and just sits there. Is there an IE setting on my system that might be preventing this? Any suggestions on how to get it downloaded?
Once I can get Unhide.exe downloaded, given what I've done already, is it still okay/advisable to perform all steps in your Uninstall Guide:
- Run Rkill
- Run TDSSKiller
- Run MBAM
- Run Unhide.exe
- Optionally run Secunia Personal Software Inspector
Thanks for your help. Great site!