Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse and keyboard not responding on many games

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 eboknight

eboknight

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:29 AM

I originally thought that I was having the problem on just one game, but now I have ran into the same issue with many games I have.
My mouse and keyboard work fine after the initial installation, but when I go to play the game again they do not respond. The mouse moves but will not click on anything and the only keys that do anything are the Control Alt Delete on my keyboard.
Do you think this is a hardware issue. Would a new PCI card solve my problem.
Or do you think this is a software or virus issue.
I am running windows XP pro and all of my drivers are up to date.
Need anymore info please let me know.
I am at my wits end with this.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:43 AM

I don't know about the mouse but I'm wondering if the issue you posted about HERE might have something to do with the unresponsive keyboard.

#3 eboknight

eboknight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:12 AM

I don't believe so but it could be possible. I think the mouse and keyboard issue go hand in hand just because they started at the same time. They also started before the popup window for WINDOWS\MAKHKEY.exe began to appear, way before.
I am really leaning towards putting in a new pci card with a new driver to see if that fixes the issue. What are your thoughts about that, they only cost around ten bucks.
Thanks for your input.

Edited by eboknight, 28 September 2011 - 08:35 AM.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

If you want to try a new card, that's an option. Only you can decide whether or not to do it.

If it were me and I had tried everything with no resolution, I'd go the new card route.

#5 eboknight

eboknight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:25 AM

I tried the new card and got the same results.
It has to be something my PC is lacking, or possibly a virus.
Its weird that when I install some games it will let me play the first time but when I log off and go to try to play the second time then it screws up.
I'm stumped.
Amy ideas of how I might fix this, or where I might go to get the answer to my problem.
Thanks

#6 eboknight

eboknight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:10 AM

I got a tip to remove the programs from Program Files, and it seem to have done the trick not sure why but as long as it works I'm happy.
Thanks for the help.

#7 eboknight

eboknight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:28 AM

I have found that if the games have any updates of patches you must install them before moving the game from program files. Other wise they will not install correctly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users