Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Freezes and display goes blank

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dirtrider

dirtrider

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:08 PM

Hello,

I am having trouble with my laptop randomly freezing, and the display goes blank/turns off. It does not happen in safe mode. It happened a week ago, and I fixed it by uninstalling the graphics card driver, and reinstalling. That however, is not working this time.

I also took covers off of the bottom and cleaned all the dust out of there to make sure things were not overheating.

In my system information under the problem devices, the Security Processor Loader Driver is listed with an error code that states this device is not working properly...not sure if that applies to anything here however.

I've ran virus scans, and they either come up clean, or with a few things which it fixes, and this problem still persists, so I do not think it is a virus/malware.

Help Please!!!!

Edited by dirtrider, 26 September 2011 - 09:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users