Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The following boot-start... load: DMICall

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SteveHilma

SteveHilma

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
DMICall

I was reading about another person that had this problem, but the threads ending in 2009 with no real resolution.

I have a Sony laptop VGN-FW300, and it boots to safe mode ok, but it hangs with a blank blue screen after most of the boot process is finished. I checked the system error log and get the first line of this email.

Might have Malware specific to Sony laptops?

Thanks, Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SteveHilma

SteveHilma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

Actually, I have solved the problem myself. I did not mention that I was getting past the login screen before getting the blank light blue screen. I ran across an article where the solution was said to be boot into safe mode, run MSCONFIG, disable the Windows Event Collection, and the Windows Event Log in services, (also stop other erroneous start-up programs), then reboot into normal mode, rename the c:\windows\system32\winevt\logs\system.evtx to *.evtxOLD, and then run MSCONFIG again, re-enable the 2 Windows services and it is fixed.

Further, I then tried installing Adobe Acrobat 6.0 again, which is what I was working on when the problem started, it still would not work, so in an effort to get AA6 working I uninstalled it for a 2nd time and had the same light blue screen freeze up until I went through the above example to fix my laptop again using MSCONFIG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users