How to enable the Windows XP Firewall
New Video showing these steps added!
Watch it here
This guide give you instructions on how to enable the built-in firewall in Windows XP.
Note: In order to enable ICF you must be logged in as an Administrator.
- Click on the Start button and then click on Run
- In the Open: field, type ncpa.cpl and press OK button.
- When the Network Connections window opens, right click on the connection that is used for your Internet. Most cable/DSL/Ethernet users would choose Local Area Connection.
- When the Local Area Connection properties screen appears, click on the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Settings button under the Windows Firewall category.
- Select the On option and then press the OK button.
- At the Local Local Area Connection properties screen press the OK button again.
Edited by Grinler, 03 November 2006 - 02:13 PM.