Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding a password for computer's internet network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hun33b33

hun33b33

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

I have a Netgear wireless modem that I got from a friend. Right now it's an unsecured network so other people are using my internet service so it's slowing my internet down. I went to the website it said to go to on the modem. I did some research online, and all of the websites instruct me to go to the wireless settings link. However, for some reason it does not show up. So, my question is, is there another way to add a password?? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:40 PM

http://support.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/112/~/secure-your-wireless-network%3A-wpa%2Fwpa2-%28recommended%29

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users