Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to create software for windows using Turbo C++?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bomblast

bomblast

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:13 AM

How should one create a software with Turbo C++ for windows? Actually I know little bit of C++ language but wanted to know how should one make a software to work on windows to make changes in it? For example, there are software out in the market which help to skin windows desktop like 'windows blind', but I don't understand that if the coding of windows is not known to them then how do they know whether what should they manipulate in windows so that it behaves as they want.
Like, I can write into windows files using C++ and I can make a software which gives certain output in its output screen, but how should I place a bitmap on windows desktop? Actually I wanted to know that, where does actually windows create the GUI or desktop images so that one may know to manipulate those files only. If one can help me briefly, then it would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Didier Stevens

Didier Stevens

• BC Advisor
  • 2,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:19 AM

The changes Windows Blind makes are mainly done by changing values in the registry.

There are many functions to access and change the registry in the WIN32 API:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724875%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Didier Stevens
http://blog.DidierStevens.com
http://DidierStevensLabs.com

SANS ISC Senior Handler
Microsoft MVP 2011-2016 Consumer Security, Windows Insider MVP 2016-2019
MVP_Horizontal_BlueOnly.png

If you send me messages, per Bleeping Computer's Forum policy, I will not engage in a conversation, but try to answer your question in the relevant forum post. If you don't want this, don't send me messages.

Stevens' law: "As an online security discussion grows longer, the probability of a reference to BadUSB approaches 1.0"

#3 doowikis

doowikis

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

Actually i have no knowledge to create a software with Turbo C++ for windows ? Can you help me to work on Turbo C++ for windows.I will be greateful to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users