Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mc.eng

mc.eng

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:28 AM

Hi guys,
I'm after a bit of technical support,
I've been cleaning a colleagues computer up for them (running slow) it had a couple of malware issues and a virus all now clear and running upto speed. However i noticed a problem with windows update. whenever I reset or shut down the computer there was always and update to install!! at 1st I thought it was just that it hadn't been updated in a while but now i realise its the same update EVERY time. I click on the update icon in the corner it says 1 critical updates require installation I select it and install it ( It goes green and says installed ) when i go to shut down the little yellow shield is there saying shut down and install updates this I do and it says installing 1 of 1 and then shuts down. Restart the computer and after a breif time the update icon pops up with exactly the same update!!! (Microsoft SQL Server2005 Express Edition Service Pack 4 KB2463332) looking a bit further into it i realised that it's only running service pack 1, no problem i thought, so i downloaded service pack 2 from microsoft and manually tried to install it but i get an error message saying it cannont be installed (an unknow error occured 0x8004100a ) i've scoured microsoft's site for info but it's less than revealing and the fact that it is now a defunct operating system doesn't seem to be much help.

Can anyone shed any light on any of the above?

The computer is running Microsoft windows vista Home premium (service pack 1)

Thank you in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nunos

Nunos

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:21 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

May try that and then check for the updates again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users