Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupted Printer Drivers for HP Laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EducatedGuess

EducatedGuess

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:33 AM

I own an older HP Pavilion Laptop HP G60. It runs on Vista. For years it recognized my older HP 5N laser printer, now it will not. The drivers are corrupted (this printer runs fine on three other computers in the house).

Is there a place I can buy a hard CD that will download all these drivers? I have spent a lot of time trying it online, and it is very involved and just doesn't work. I would rather just pay for a driver CD from somewhere. I don't have the time or patience to go searching over the Net to save a few bucks.

Last time this happened I had to reformat the entire HD. I'd like to avoid that this time.

Thanks for the help, EG.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

Not something that can actually be purchased.

HP website says that the drivers are built into Windows Vista.

How are you going about trying to install them?
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users