Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dim screen on Vostro 1500 Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wampa1

Wampa1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

I ran with my Vostro 1500 laptop a few weeks ago to catch a plane and ended up screwing something up because I get a dim screen. The screen still works buy you need to hold a flashlight up to it to see anything. I googled and decided that I should start by replacing the inverter since it is the cheapest part.

The laptop display is a LP154WE2 display made by LG. My inverter that came with the laptop has a part number U401007T04/05/06/07, and the replacement one that came has a part number U401008T01. Anyways, this did not solve the problem. I also replaced the cable that runs from the video card to the display. This did not solve the problem. My next step is to order a new bulb for the backlight, I think.

My question is, could the problem still be the inverter and the one I received is not compatable since it has a different part number?

Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wampa1

Wampa1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:12 AM

Anyone have any expertise with this? I should have made the title inverter part number.

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:26 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Sorry your topic has not yet been answered, but it has my attention.

I am going to link you to one of my favorite laptop web sites and this link I am providing you with is for your Vostro 1500 laptop.

Please at this link below scroll down below the advertising links until you see How to disassemble Dell Inspiron 1420 or Vostro 1400 laptop there is several featured items on this whole page, including How to replace damaged LCD screen in Dell Vostro 1500 laptop

There are actually four different links on this page related to your laptop, some may not refer to your monitor, but they may help you later when you need them.

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/?s=Vostro+1500

Any questions? I am here to answer them for you. :thumbup2:
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users