Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Driver crashing only on internet?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gamemaster406

gamemaster406

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

My computer has not been able to boot consistently for months, until I took it to a repair shop, where the guy found a rootkit embedded in my system... Its booting fine, but there are still some glitches (even after numerous formats and trying different operating systems)

Right now I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium x86

Now my problem is that my video card driver is constantly crashing when I open IE9. It will either BSOD, blackscreen, or say "Driver has stopped responding but has successfully recovered." I have tested my graphics card by running 3D applications and nVidia demos on their site. I can run these games/programs for hours and not have a problem, but as soon as I open the internet, video driver crashes. When I am on the internet, videos glitch and the sound seems laggy. This also happens sometimes while playing DVD's, but only certain ones. How can I be running games and DX11 tests for hours, but have the card crash on the freaking internet... I have formatted my computer numerous times, tried like 20 different drivers, no luck. I have also recieved a bluescreen with something to do with a usb_driver_bug, but I have nothing in my USB's. I have a feeling that either my motherboard is failing, or there are traces of the rootkit/virus (is that even possible after formatting?)

I have tried using another graphics card, and tried the other slot. I tried re-seating the ram and using one stick at a time, so its not that either. Any ideas?

System Specs:
OS: Win 7 Home Premium x86 (Using 64 bit renders computer un-usable)
Motherboard: nVidia nForce 750i sli (EVGA)
Video Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 470 (PNY)
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy
PSU: Hush Puppy 680 watt (I've tested the voltages and they seem fine)

Edited by gamemaster406, 25 September 2011 - 01:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users