I've tried all the usual stuff suggested by people including cleaning the registry, reinstalling drivers, even a windows restore to a few days before.
None of these things helped. So I thought I'd just reinstall windows 7 as I was planning on doing that soon anyway.
So I reinstalled, and to my horror 'System Interrupts' was still there, on a fresh install.
I thought maybe it was the old installation, so I unplugged that hard disk, got a spare one, installed Windows Vista on it. The system interrupts were gone, so I proceeded to upgrade it to windows 7, and the interrupts returned!
So after this, I figured it must be something to do with the hardware. Here's the list of stuff I tried:
- Unplugged all unnecessary components one at a time. (Sound card, extra hard disks, DVD drive, card reader)
-Tried a different graphics card
-Tested each stick of RAM separately, also tried them in different slots
- Disabled USB controller in BIOS
- Cleaned my CPU heat sink (as it was caked in rubbish)
- Tried using windows on a different hard disk (as mentioned above)
- Cleared CMOS
- Safe mode still has interrupt.
All this stuff, and the interrupts are STILL there. (Here's a screenshot)
If anyone has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. And here are my system specs:
Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 2.67GHz
2 x 2GB DDR2 800 MHz
ATI Power Colour HD3870
Gigabyte GA EP35 DS3R
Edited by Goddard, 25 September 2011 - 10:46 AM.