Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recover deleted files in vista- Need Help ASAP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Siva_Lovable

Siva_Lovable

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

Hi,

Desperately need this help AS Soon AS Possible.

In my computer i have total 4 partition i.e. Vista Home Premium 32-bit, Windows 7, Data and HP Factory Image. I have taken all the important files and put it in one folder and saved in C:\ Then i totally FORGET to take the backup of those important files and i proceded with 'Recover your computer to original factory settings' of vista OS.

After completing recovery process i realize that i have forge-ten to take the back up of those important files.

Therefore is there any way where i can recover my important files. The important folder contains nearly 20GB.

Please reply as soon as possible.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:25 AM

Well, if the saved data was overwritten with the new install of Vista, not likely recoverable without spending a ton of money.

There is a possibility of recovery otherwise. See the info in the link below.
Recover files from formatted hard drive disk and partition. Format Recovery, Unformat software in Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Windows 7.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Siva_Lovable

Siva_Lovable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for your reply to my post.

I have checked the website which you mentioned and found that with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition we can only recover 1GB data free of charge. If we want to recover data more than 1 GB, then we need to purchase EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.

As i am not in the situation to purchase any software, as my financial problem is too bad.

If anyone provide me link of freeware software or recover files by using Linux method or command prompt, etc.

But it has to be Free.

Thanks once again for your support.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

Read the info in the link below about using Ubuntu Live CD for recovering data from a reformatted drive.
Recover Data Like a Forensics Expert Using an Ubuntu Live CD - How-To Geek

You should not be using the computer you want to recover files from as it would increase the chances of
overwriting the data.
You probably knew that but I thought I should mention it.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,298 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

You can try the following free programs:

Partition Find and Mount free partition recovery software - http://findandmount.com/

Recovery Software, Partition Table Doctor - http://www.ptdd.com/

Recovery Software, Recover My Files - http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download - http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users