Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FF and IE slow loading pages

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SaxonManFinland

SaxonManFinland

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:10 AM

Strange problem that started six weeks ago.

PC works fine, no problem with E Mails or any programmes BUT IE and Firefox are slow, and when I select a new page from the browser (not a favourite) it takes 2 to 3 minutes to load, but hitting F5 and the page is immediately viewable (Mostly)

Using Safari is better, but the whole surfing thing has become a nightmare.

I have restored system (strange I could ONLY go back 14 days), deleted every add on and anything loaded in the last 8 weeks (improved a bit), run IO Bit deep clean, Malware etc no issue. HJT shows nothing strange, nor does housecall. Laptop works fine on same connection.Cleaned PC, spoke kindly to it.

Why do I need to refresh page, what am I missing.?? Even when a page has loaded FF still usually shows it is loading data. Around 6 weeks ago, latest FF updated which included a FREE McAffee scanner, which I removed immediately, as soon as I realised it existed.and Windows essential updates. Removed Flash players, Adobe and PDF stuff and reinstalled latest, still takes time to load images.

HP Pavillion Running Vista Proffesional
4GB Ram
Latest Firefox
IO Bit Malware Pro
IO Bit Advanced System Care Pro 4
AVG Free Anti Virus
Latest IE

Just an idea would be great, it is driving me crazy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users