Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't make audio work on my pc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 juanil

juanil

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

I can't make audio work on my pc

Everything worked ok. I uninstalled the audio by mistake and I reinstalled it back, but I can't make it work.
I've tried different drivers that I've found in internet including the original driver from the original cd and nothing.
The hardware seems to be installed ok and all sound and music players work as if everything is ok, but I can hear nothing.
I've tried all solutions from all different blogs and nothing.
I've already checked the speakers and volume control (It's the first basic answer I hope not to receive...)

Help!!!

I've a mother M2N-VM HDMI
AMD Phenom 8450 Triple-core
Windows XP

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:19 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Have you double checked device manager to see if the device is enabled?

Do you see a speaker icon in the system tray?

Is there a red "X" over the icon if it is there?

Bruce.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:20 AM

HI,I have about the same type of problem,went into device manager and it said
it could tell if this port was working it came up with CODE34,what ever is this.
IT has question mark over the the port which i assume means it is not working
have looked all over a reason,but have come up empty so far,when i go into MASTER VOLUME
there 4 mute squares faded out one of them is the rear speaker which is where i have my speakers hooked up at
THANK'S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users