Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Server Busy error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LargeCow

LargeCow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:37 PM

Hi gang,

I have a lenovo ideapad Y560 with an I7 processor running Windows 7. So today my computer started with a strange error. It randomly crashed while playing Mass Effect and when it rebooted I there was a popup that said "server busy" in the title, followed by "This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose "Switch To" to activate the busy program and correct the problem." Below that message are three buttons. They are "Switch To", "Retry", and "Cancel". The first two are clickable, but "Cancel" is grayed out.

In the taskbar, the "server busy" popup appeared with the logo of the Lenovo Slidenav program that came with the laptop.

I tried running Hijack This, and it crashed halfway through scanning with the same popup, except instead of "server busy" in the title it said "Hijack This". The rest of the box was the same.

I tried running malwarebytes in safe mode with no success. It scanned but found nothing.

Also of note is that my sound stopped working, msconfig crashed if I tried to tell it to do selective startup, and although I still have internet access, my wireless icon says taht it can't connect. (the icon by the clock in the lower right hand corner).

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Nathan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users