Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"NTLDR is missing press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"..................dnt understand what dis mean someboby pls explain it to me

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sphinxes

Sphinxes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

Hi, pls i dnt understand what these means......."NTLDR is missing press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". A friend borrowed my laptop returnd it after some days so when i turned it on that was what i found written on the screen and each time i press "Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" its still the same......pls i need help to rectify this problem thanx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

NTLDR is one of the core boot files for Windows. What the error message is saying is that when it is pointed to the place where the file (NTLDR) is supposed to be located it does not find it there. This could mean a multitude of things. The file could actually be missing, it could be corrupt, or the MFT on the drive could have been corrupted. I would start the recovery console ,use the windows disk to do this, then check under c:\ to see if NTLDR is there. If so copy NTLDR from the windows disk or another working XP computer can copy it over the old one. If the computer deosn't start then boot back into the recovery console and run two commands 1. fixboot 2. fixmbr
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users