Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Playstation 3 not displaying on screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Zubintaor

Zubintaor

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

Hi

I recently used my ps3 downstairs in my house on our new 3d tv, and it automatically changed its settings and I put the screen size in,
however i have recentl gone to uni and when i tried to connect my ps3 to my tv via the red, white and yellow cables it didnt show any picture.
I tried resetting it but still no good, my uncle took it back to try and change the settings but apparently still does not show anything on the screen via
av cables

Any ideas??? most greatful

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

Did you try pressing and holding the power button when you turn on the PS3? That should reset the video selections.

3939.png

#3 Zubintaor

Zubintaor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:32 AM

yes I'm pretty sure I did but I did it when the ps3 was on, should be off when I do it?? im going back on Friday so I can try it then but would be appreciate other ideas if it doesn't work

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

Anytime I move the PS3 between TV's I have to hold the power button at startup to get it to work properly.

3939.png

#5 MikeyDSlagle

MikeyDSlagle

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:22 AM

I dont know if you resolved the problem or not. Just thought Id offer some advice. The PS3 will automatically detect an HDMI device and will adjust settings, but in my experience they have to be manually reset to accept the A/V cables. Never tried holding down the power button.

You may have to hook the PS3 up using the A/V (red, white, yellow) and the HDMI, go in and change the settings in the PS3 to use the A/V out (cant think of what it is called off the top of my head), then switch inputs on the TV to the A/V input. It should show up then. Accept settings and carry on.

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

I was using HDMI, for some reason, I always had to hold down the power button every time.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users