Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Plz Help Me!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ben deakin

Ben deakin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 07:05 AM

Hi guys

I really need some help please, im pretty sure i must have a acute virus or something because my computer works fine, but my msn software will not open ( i have tried deleting it and re installing it but it doesnt work!), and also when u log in on the msn hotmail website, the page freezes, my internet does not freeze on any other website including ones with a login. My computer mentioned it had a BLOODHOUND.EXPLOIT.56 both times in which norton found it action taken was, access denied and repair failed.

Any help would be much appreciated

many thanks

Ben

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RaSkull

RaSkull

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:12 AM

Hello Ben,
You have a Trojan! I found the following info at "securityresponse.symantec.com".
Bloodhound.Exploit.56 is designed to identify behavior that would occur if the Microsoft Windows Graphics Rendering Engine WMF Format Unspecified Code Execution Vulnerability (as described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-001) is exploited. As Symantec becomes aware of changes to the exploit code, or if files are identified that trigger this detection but are not malicious, the detection is refined. It is important to keep your definitions up to date to ensure the most complete protection.

Please follow the instructions at this link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/25912/unzip-hijackthismake-a-shortcut/
Be sure to post your HJT Log in the "HijackThis Logs and Analysis" and not as a reply to this.
Someone will read your log and reply with instructions on how to remove/fix your problems. Be patient please, the amount of requests for help here at BC is a bit overwhelming and you may not get a response for a few days.
Best wishes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users