Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partitioning a USB Flash Drive in Windows XP/Vista/or7?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Particalzman

Particalzman

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

Ok, so I have been trying to accomplish this the last few days in my spare time. With out any luck unfortunately, the only tool I found that anyone had, had any luck doing this with was BOOTIT. I've googled everything read more articles from poor confused people then I care to do again for awhile. I figured I would log into good old Bleeping see if anyone had any tips to get this to work. I'm trying to do this on a SANDISK cruzer 4GB, people said that the BOOTIT does only work on some USB Flash Drives. There has to be away to change the USB device so that it shows up as an external HDD instead of a USB Mass Storage, the problem with that is the workarounds I found for that apply through the local computer only not changing the USB Flash Drive architecture so that it can be used this way in any computer you put it in. Any help would be great, just don't suggest BOOTICE, unless you have better instructions then the programmer. Or if someone could tell me how to make a blind partition if you will, one that will boot at start up. That would do for my needs at this time, I'm building a USB Flash Drive Tool Kit for a friend. Need to make a bootable partition of UBCD on this 4GB drive, then have the rest open.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users