HP Pavilion Dv7 1129wm Laptop
Window 7 ROG 64-bit
Ram 4 GB
AMD Turion x2 M-72, Core VID 1.100V
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
When it boots the fan runs and all the lights on the board are on all at once but I have a Black Screen. Three seconds later the fan will go off, black screen status still but with a Cap lock and Num lock LED flashing together in a diagnostic code. One flash it appears.Which according to HP site means CPU is not functional, see: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01443366&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&lang=en&rule=26781&product=3816592
1. So I turned the laptop off, take out battery and press power for a hard reset. I then plug in the laptop without the battery and turn on. I get a the same results as above. Black screen.
2. I then take out both of the RAM sticks and put them back into the Ram slots. I start the laptop again and it gives me a seamless boot to Windows 7.
3. I check the event log and see minor errors in the past. Nothing to serious that would cause a black screen. I shutdown windows for a restart.
4. Window 7 fails to restart, Black Screen again with the same LED sequence flash from the Cap/Num Lock.
5. I power down, power back up with the same results.
6. I power down, take out one of the 2 GB Ram sticks. power up again. It boots up perfectly and recognizes the 2 GB Ram.
7. I shutdown for a restart in windows 7. Works fine on reboot.
8. I shutdown from Windows 7 and power back up. It dose not not boot. Same results as number 4.
9. I dismantle the Laptop, clean vent, heat-sink, CPU. Reapply Thermal paste and re-seat the CPU. Put back together.
10. On battery I try and boot up. Same results as number 4.
11. I repeat number 6 and it boots fine.
12. I repeat number 7. Works fine.
13. I repeat number 8 with its same result.
So I am here now to see if anyone can help me figure out what the problem could be and why I am getting such results. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you for your response in advance. :morn: