Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista System32 Associated Problems?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CrashAriMP5N2O

CrashAriMP5N2O

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:32 PM

Hello everyone, I just got a nasty problem that seems to have affected the appearance and system operations of my Vista laptop.

A very obvious symptom is that the bar on top, which includes IE, recycle bin, etc. has disappeared. I also get the following error message when opening certain folders or directories or when saving files to particular directories (i.e. computer, network, several control panel windows, desktop, etc.)

C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted or that you are connected to the internet or your network and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location.

The fonts have also changed on some of the components (i.e. display settings window, internet tabs, etc.) and appear to be pixelated.
Clicking on Documents, Pictures, and Music from the start menu doesn't open these windows. Clicking on the games from the star menu and double-clicking the application do not launch these games but they could be opened from the start > programs directory.
Posted Image
"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind!"
~SS~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users