Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with something and trying to go to 137.189.145.1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 kroseler

kroseler

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:02 PM

We are losing our minds, we have about twenty machines internally in our environment that are repeatedly trying to go out and contact that IP above, we have isolated them and blocked access on the firewall... and are just about to reimage the machines and be done with it. But as a last chance I am checking here (I am not sure if you support business type machines and if you don't and know somewhere that does please let me know). This is what has been run... Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware, TDSSKiller, Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool, MS ForeFront and as last resort ComboFix none of them are finding anything.

if this is something that isn't allowed here, sorry for the intrusion. I am long time lurker and I use this as my primary site for cleaning up Spyware/Malware at work.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kroseler

kroseler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

This can be closed; We were able to track this down to a couple of bad .dll files on the servers and workstations.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users