Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Daemon error message

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Keith1

Keith1

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:04 AM

I'm running Ubuntu 11.04. I saw updates available today so I installed them. I started the updates, left for a bit, and had this error message when I returned a short while later -

Posted Image

Here's what I "assume" to be the cause of the message. I did leave a terminal open because I'm running Folding@Home in it. When I started the update it did pause the terminal. The update shows completed, and the terminal program continues to run just fine. From Googling about the error, it seems running more than one thing at a time caused the error. I will close the terminal the next time I run updates, but I just wanted to check here to see if there is anything else I should do at this point.

Thanks,

Keith

Edited by Keith1, 23 September 2011 - 09:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:46 AM

keith not uncommon to get that error. i periodically have gotten it through the ubuntu alphas & betas.
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users