Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

introduction

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 parahacker

parahacker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:37 AM

Hi - I used to be a pc repair tech, but that was about 2 operating systems ago. And I was never certified. Hell, I can barely call myself a tech at all, except that I got a a few dozen dozens of computers working again, and got paid for it, sometimes.

Anyway, I've been doing other things since then and haven't kept up. now I've got a win7 machine with occasional odd behavior, and instead of RTFM'ing it alone, I was hoping to get some help - besides, there's just something about a personal answer to a question that beats google results all to hell and back again. My brain just clings to words better if it's somebody typing at me specifically.

But it's possible I might be able to help other users too, occasionally. I'm hoping I can give at least as much as I receive.

Cheers!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:30 AM

Every computer is the same and every computer is also different. Google may serve when the question is about something the same, but when the question or problem is unique to your own situation (especially with applications and different hardware configurations involved) having a real person with expertise and experience in the particular area is more helpful.
Welcome to BC, and thanks for joining!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users