Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Starting today my MS Outlook pegged at 100% CPU and stay there!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 E2Murray

E2Murray

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

Starting last Saturday, Sept 18, my MS Outlook pegged at 100% CPU and stay there! Also this happened over 3 months ago - is there a issue or a new zero-day bug?

This issue was also added to my LinkedIn: CompTIA - The Computing Technology Industry Association group discussion.
My LinkedIn professional page URL is http://www.linkedin.com/in/i4aid2eugenemmurray.

One suggestion that helped:
Steve Meek, CISSP, MCSE, CCNA, CCDA • I ran into an issue with indexing and my large Outlook email box. I switched to a SSD drive and changed some indexing settings and better now. It is usually good to minimize number of emails in a specific folder, especially INBOX. Having subfolders to organize emails helps enormously and keeping folders with less than 3000 items or so.

I have some 6 email main folders.
I deleted over 10+k emails from my delete folders.
Thinking about the delete issue I check my delete folder General properties and changed from "show number of unread items" to "show total number of items". For the delete folders the unread items must have been the default but in the past it seems it was the total items being shown. This improved thing somewhat but still running at 100% CPUs usage.
Also, noticed my quiescence memory state dropped about 300MBs (when run just MS Outlook).
I am running a dual-core processors with 3GBs total but even with 100% CPUs my average memory is under 2GBs running MS Outlook 2007 an a couple of browsers. Using MS Vista Ultimate OS.

Edited by E2Murray, 22 September 2011 - 05:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users