Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code Ox3

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 median

median

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

I am running XP Pro (32 bit) w/ SP3 and have tried to install my Sonar X1 producer (DAW) many times with no luck. I get the error,

"C:Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces\VS700.dll

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code Ox3."

The file "regsvr32.exe" is in its proper directory (C:\windows\system32). I have tried uninstalling all versions of Sonar, right clicking the .EXE and loading as administrator, as well as tried Ignoring all errors (as there are many .dlls that look to generate this error upon istallation), and nothing works. I get the same errors every time I try to install. Can someone help? It does not look as though Cakewalk knows what to do with this problem and I just purchased this software but keep receiving this Windows error.

Btw, I am attempting to load this from a download, not the CDs.

Thanks

Edited by median, 22 September 2011 - 05:03 PM.

"There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way." Buddha

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:19 AM

Cakewalk Forum

Louis

#3 median

median
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

As I mentioned above, Cakewalk does not know what to do about this problem. They are saying its a Windows issue. That is why I am posting for help here. I am out of options and need help from someone who understands these DLL error codes.

"There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way." Buddha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users