Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Randomly named exe bricking my machine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bluemagma

bluemagma

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:27 PM

I am running windows xp sp3

I have a process running under system 2562536568:2278244967.exe running. It will not allow me to end it.
also my internet is redirecting to a random advertisement everytime I click a link.
also noticed there is an icon under c: named 32788r22fwjfw and when i browse it, it opens up my computer.

I have tried running rkill/iexplore/rkill.com all were immediatley closed
I have tried malwarebytes. It will install then update, then as soon as a scan starts it will close and i will have to reinstal it again
I have searched the registry for the .exe listed and removed it, but it just comes back on restart
I have navigated to the said .exe and deleted but it just replaces it.
It also shows up in safe mode.

Anyone have any idea's other than formatting because it really isnt an option right now.

I would try and post a log but I am unable to run one.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluemagma

bluemagma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

just realized in order to run the program after it closes I have to reset the security for the file to allow me to run it. But any program that i run that scans the hd is closed almost immediately

#3 bluemagma

bluemagma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

also unable to stop this tasking using taskkill command. It says it has stopped but it really doesn't

#4 bluemagma

bluemagma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

it has also deleted all of my restore points. please help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users