Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown downloads

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shockmeman

Shockmeman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

I have a HP Mini 110-3500 running on windows 7 starter thru a cisco e1000 router and a hughesnet modem Yesterday morning it started downloading massive amounts of something using almost 200mb each time Ive checked windows updates and all other programs to checck auto updates type issue and did not find anything out of the ordinary. Ive also went into the task manager but didnt find anything running out of the ordinary or excessively there. I am so stumped on what could be sucking in that much info once we disconnect the wireless signal the downloading stops but I cannot find where it maybe coming from. the only autoupdates I couldnot find was thru adobe reader X any help would be appriciated how can i set it so anything needs permission to download? Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:47 AM

To turn off updates for Adobe Reader, browse this site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users