Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MAC OS Notebook acting funny

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BLDFW

BLDFW

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:21 AM

I have a new (less than 6mos) Mac Notebook.

I got an email from a friend the other day that had some pics he had taken of a car. Prior to this I've not had any problems whatsoever with my Notebook. I hadn't clicked on anything yet other than to open the email. The attached thumbnails seem to have trouble loading. I had a refresh a couple of times to get it to load. I'm clicked on at least one of the thumbnails but the pic didn't load so I satisfied myself just by looking at the thumbnail pics. Now, however, whenever I open Yahoo Mail, after a second or two, it bogs down and will not open any mail. If I open mail and immediately got to a folder and open, I can get a mail item to open, but if I pause for a second or two I get the little spinning "busy loading" icon and can't do anything more.

I checked the activity monitor to see if the CPU usage was spinning out of control but it was inconclusive. I'm still encountering the problem. Having survived an infection on my PC desktop, it worries me to allow whatever it's doing to complete it's task so I close Ymail immediately. Other than that, I am not encountering anything unusual about my Notebook's performance.

Anyone encounter this or have any insight into what might be going on?

Thanks for your valuable assistance!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:21 AM

Can we get a little bit more information such as the Operating System Version, System RAM, CPU, and browser that you are using? Sometimes I get this problem and it turns out to be one of those revolving advertisement scripts taking a while to load or to connect. I notice this more especially when there are a lot of connections being made or data to be downloaded.

#3 BLDFW

BLDFW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

Thanks for the response. Here's the info you requested....

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MB71.0039.B0B
SMC Version (system): 1.60f5
Hardware UUID: 1BB7BFF3-5748-5E82-A08D-FC9730147843
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Browser: Safari
6mg download internet connection via Cable provider

Edited by BLDFW, 22 September 2011 - 04:06 PM.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

Would this be a constant thing or does it go away?

#5 BLDFW

BLDFW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:33 PM

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been out of town.

It happens pretty consistently. I might have time to open one email, two at the most before it seems to lock up and the little Apple page loading spinner just spins. I just did it again and the same thing. I open YahooMail, click on a folder and click on an unread mail. Usually it will open unless I wait to long. Within 10secs or so, it wants to lock up. I can't page up or down, or go to another folder. I don't have this problem on any other website, just yahoo mail.

Thoughts?

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

Can you try using Firefox with yahoo mail and see if it exhibits the same issue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users