Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Internet is not Connecting.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 I Can't Sit Down

I Can't Sit Down

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

First, the problem was that my desktop computer could not connect to the internet, but it was receiving a connection. I'm not very smart with the computer, but I'm not completely illiterate about it. As soon as the internet suddenly stopped working, so did many other things. For example, system restore was not working. It said,"the dll was not found." I looked, and I found that the dll for system restore was in the dll cache, yet when I dragged it to system 32, still nothing, same error message. I had the netgear wireless adapter, and it wouldn't work all of a sudden. My ISP said it is a computer problem, and reccommended MalwareBytes, and it found a few bad files, but still, my problem kept on. Internet works, however, on the laptop I am on now, which is my family member's, but it is a laptop, and it picks up the wireless signal just fine. I was told to delete Avast, since it might have been blocking me from a connection, but nothing happened. He told me to go to the command prompt and ping yahoo.com, and still, nothing. He also told me to reset something in the command prompt, but I forgot the name of it.

This was extracted from a question I recently asked in the Windows Xp forums. If you know that it's some type of virus, please help me out here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

You should probably ask this question in the forum here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html
No need to create multiple threads dealing with the same issue.

Edited by bludgard, 21 September 2011 - 05:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users