Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems uploading pictures everywhere

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nimmit

Nimmit

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

I'll be honest: I'm not really sure this is the right forum because there are a few possible causes in my mind for this issue.

Basically, I am having massive problems uploading pictures. Large or small, regardless of filetype, any image I try to upload to any site from my desktop computer either gets corrupted during the upload or won't upload at all. Corrupted images have varied from looking pretty normal with random tinted bands through them to turning inverted with some weird pixelly noise halfway down. I'm not happy about this, as I post art regularly online and must be able to post commissions when they're finished. I can't even email them because of this problem. However, I am able to do pretty much anything else on the internet just fine - download images, view sites, etc.

This does not happen with my laptop or other computers in the household, so I assumed it was just a problem with the desktop. I've contacted my warranty support for the computer since it's under a year old, but they were useless.

The computer is a Dell Studio XPS 8100 running Win 7 Home Premium. I connect to the internet wirelessly with a Linksys USB adapter that I also used with my previous desktop. I've tried different ports with no change; not sure if it could be a USB problem, but I'm able to write pictures to thumb drives OK. However, I don't seem to have the problem when I try to upload pictures while connected with the computer's internal wireless card instead (need to test more; the card itself isn't that great so I don't want to switch over to it if I don't have to). Preferred browser is Firefox, but this also happens in IE. Not sure what other specs might help.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Nimmit, 21 September 2011 - 12:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:47 AM

Are you able to upload non-image files fine?

What anti virus and firewall are you running? Have you tried updating your Linksys USB drivers?

#3 Nimmit

Nimmit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

I've been able to upload text files from OpenOffice and Word without any issues.

I'm running AVG antivirus and windows firewall. Device manager says Linksys drivers are already up-to-date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users