Let's take a few scans of your machine and get a little better look at what's going on.
Please download GMER
from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
* Main Mirror This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
* Zipped Mirror This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
* Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
* Temporarily disable any real-time active protection
so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
* Double-click on the randomly named
GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
* Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
* GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
* If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO
* Now click the Scan
button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
* When the scan is finished, click the Save
... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log
* Click the Copy
button and paste the results into your next reply.
* Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.
-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.SAS
, may take a long time to scan
Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
- Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
- An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
- If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
- In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
- Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
- Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
- Close browsers before scanning.
- Scan for tracking cookies.
- Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
- Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
- Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode"
using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
- Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
- On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
- On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
- After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
- Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
- A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
- If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
- To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
- Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
- Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
- If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
- Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
- Click Close to exit the program.
Note.. SAS doesn't open the registry hives for other user accounts on the system, so scans should be done from each user account.
Please post the logs to each when you have completed them.