Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Completely Uninstall Quicktime 5.0.1 From Win2k Pro?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mja616

mja616

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:17 PM

Hi! My husband accidently installed QuickTime Player Version 5.0.1 on my system!

I hate Quicktime. One of the reasons why I hate Quicktime, is in the past I have never been able to completely uninstall it.

Do I have to reinstall the operating system just to get rid of this damm player?

Thanks, Monica

Windows 2K Pro SP3
SYSTEM: Win2K Pro SP4
INSTALLED:
...Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.XX
...AVG Free 7.0.XX
...SpywareBlaster 3.4
...ZoneAlarm Pro 6.0.XX

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 22 January 2006 - 08:22 PM

Why not just take it out of the startup menu and leave it alone?

Download Startup Inspector and just unclick it.
(Good way to manage your startups)
http://www.windowsstartup.com/

By the way - you should have SP4 and the rollup as well. (Your sig says you have SP4, do you?)

Edited by Enthusiast, 23 January 2006 - 08:29 AM.

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:57 PM

:thumbsup: to BC mja616,

May I ask what do you see left over after you go to the control panel and uninstall the Quick Time Player?

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users