Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:04 PM

How do I make a program start when I log into my account with windows xp. Cause I want that when I log in the teamspeak turns on but I only want this to work with my account and not with the other users of this computer. Is that possible.

And how do I stop programs oppening for other users

BTW I have the administrator account

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kruncher

Kruncher

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:38 PM

There is an easy way to do this and a hard way. I'll start with easy one first.

Easy:
Place a shortcut in your C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder.

Hard:
Run "regedit", navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" and add a string value with what ever name you want. Change the value to the path of the program you want to be launched.

To remove start up programs run "msconfig" and go to the startup tab.

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users