We sincerely apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Do you still need help?
If so, continue to follow these instructions:
My name is Jason and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. You can call me by my screename jntkwx or Jason is fine.
Some things to remember while we are working together.
- Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
- Please do not attach logs or put logs in code boxes.
- Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
- Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can also help.
- Do not run anything while running a fix.
- If you don't understand a step, please ask for clarification before continuing with any future steps.
Click on the Watch Topic
button and select Immediate Notification
and click on proceed
, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Note to others: The instructions here are intended for the person who began this topic. If you need help, please create your own topic in the appropriate forum. Note:
If you are unable to download anything, please download any programs asked for on a clean computer, copy them to a flash drive or CD, and then run them on the infected computer.
Let's try rebooting into Safe Mode
This can be done tapping the F8 key as soon as you start your computer
You will be brought to a menu with several options. Press the down arrow key on your keyboard until Safe Mode with Networking
is selected. Press Enter. Please see here
for additional details.
Please download MiniToolBox
and run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List last 10 Event Viewer Log Errors
- List Installed Programs
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size
. Please put code boxes around just this entire log
, like this, but without the letter x: [xcode] MiniToolBox log [/xcode]
Once in Safe Mode with Networking, download rkill from one of the following downloads (if you are unable to download or run rkill from one download, move to the next one.)
Please be patient while Rkill looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step. If it appears like Rkill did not stop the malware from running, please try running RKill again until the malware is no longer running. Do not reboot your computer after running RKill as the malware programs will start again! Rerun MalwarebytesOpen Malwarebytes, click on the Update tab, and click the check for Updates button (the latest update is 7792)
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
If you have trouble updating, troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download GMER
from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
- Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
- Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
- Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
- Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
- GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
- If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
- Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
- When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
- Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
- Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.
If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.
If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.
If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.
In your next reply, please include:
- MiniToolBox log
- Malwarebytes log
- GMER log
Edited by jntkwx, 24 September 2011 - 03:49 PM.