Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thanks for Rkill, Lawrence

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 njsturtle

njsturtle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

I registered on this site specifically to thank Lawrence for Rkill. I had some kind of stupid virus that was driving me crazy, and my MalwareBytes software failed me so miserably that I uninstalled it. The exe was K7206tff.exe. It appeared to be time lapse triggered, I would boot up, wait 5 minutes, and see a clean task manager. I would let the computer sit untouched and things would start happeneing, pop up's, error messages, etc. I would then see the K7206 in task manager, but when I did a search on the file name, nothing would be found. I could kill it in task manager, but it would just keep coming back, 5 or 6 at a time running. Then I found and ran rkill, and it showed me the path the K7206 exe came from - c:\documents and settings\all users\application data. I found the K7206 exe there, along with something else I recognized a as a bad guy - c05S.exe, deleted the 2 of them, rebooted, and bang-all problems gone ! THANK YOU, LAWRENCE !!!

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:10 PM

Thank you for taking the time to register and post your kind words. It is exactly those kinds of acts that keep us doing what we do. Thanks again, also please feel free to stick around and enjoy the forums.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 T1000

T1000

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:41 AM

I had a very similar experience here.I had a post that Animal had to move and then I soon met Lawrence afterwards some very cool "Good Folks" here !!!
1.) HP Pavilion DV 9230us, 17" Laptop, Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32-Bit , Intel Dual Core T5500 1.66 GHz , 100GB Dual HD, 200 GB Total HDD, 2 GB Ram DDR2, WD 1TB external HDD, My Book Essential.

2.) Dell Inspiron 1764 17" Laptop, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, Intel Dual Core i5 2.53 GHz w/Turbo Boost Technology, (3MB cache) Media Graphics Accelerator, 500 GB HDD, 4 GB Ram DDR3, Western Digital 1TB external HDD, My Book Essential.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users