Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor turning off/on on certain sites

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PODIABLO

PODIABLO

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

I have been using my computer for the last couple of years and no issues with my monitor. However for the past couple of weeks, the monitor has been suddenly turning off and then immediately back on and keeps doing this until I get out of that certain web site. It is repeatable on certain websites (for example, some sections of NIKE.com, but surprisingly a site like ESPN which is also heavy on content no problem). Thinking it might be some old driver issues, I downloaded the latest drivers from nvidia and still the same issues. I looked at voltages on my power supply and they are within the recommended range. I don't overclock either.

Any suggestions on how I might try to isolate the problem? Any type of log files I can look at?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

Have you tried connecting the monitor to another PC and visiting same websites? It could also be a faulty RAM or needs cleaning on gold contacts and same with your Videocard. Check also Hardware temperature for any thermal issue.

Tekken

#3 PODIABLO

PODIABLO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:21 PM

I will try connecting the monitor to my laptop and see what happens.

On a side note, I went to a some pages within ESPN and it started turning off/on. However other pages seem fine.

Why would connection/ram issues cause certain pages to cause this phenomenon?

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

To be more sure about your issue, try using another web browser. I did not see you stating on what browser the website is making certain glitch.

Tekken

#5 PODIABLO

PODIABLO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:31 PM

I have used Firefox, IE, chrome and all the same outcome

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:38 PM

Make sure you have the latest Java and Flash player version. Clean also your cache and temp files along with checking first your monitor on another working PC.

Tekken

#7 PODIABLO

PODIABLO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:07 AM

i switched the monitor to my laptop and although it seemed at first that it was OK (i.e. going to the particular NIKE page which caused the monitor to reset) after a while, it started to turn off/on on pages which had no problem when it was connected to my desktop.

Given this, it seems like something with my monitor? Time for a new one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users