Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen on after desktop loads

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mxfive

mxfive

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:06 PM

Hi, I'm getting an inconsistant BSOD just after my desktop loads from a bootup. Meaning, sometimes it BSODs and sometimes not. I read the minidump everytime and it shows the same information. This is what it shows.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Caused by driver: win32k.sys
Caused by address: win32k.sys+2517af
Crash address: ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

I just ran a Chkdsk /r but nothing was found. I'm thinking it may be a memory error? I have no clue. If anyone has any ideas on what could be causing this or what I can do to remedy please let me know. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:48 AM

Have you recently added any new hardware? If not, let's check the ram: To check the ram, download memtest (http://memtest.org/). Burn it to a cd using a dedicated .iso burning utility (http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm), make sure the cd drive is at the top of the boot order in bios, then boot to the newly created cd and run the utility.

#3 shlack123

shlack123

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

It sounds like RAM to me. And while the Memtest may yield some results, I've seen this happen after a RAM upgrade and Memtest found no faults.

Of course, try Memtest, but if you don't get any faults, try removing one stick of RAM at a time until you don't get this BSOD anymore.

#4 mxfive

mxfive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

i haven't added any new hardware. This started the moment i bought the desktop. For the record it' a CyberpowerPC build. It's a gaming rig with 8gb of ram that was installed at the factory when they were custom building my rig. I'll run the memtest and see what happens. Thanks for your inputs!

Edited by mxfive, 20 September 2011 - 06:57 PM.

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:35 AM

If this is a new system I'd return in under warranty and have it replaced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users