Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NY TomKat

NY TomKat

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:21 PM

Had virus help, everything working OK except wireless internet. Can connect hardwired, but repair of wireless is unsuccessful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

You stated you had virus help, did you receive that help here at Bleeping Computer and if so was you instructed to post here in this forum by the person who helped you?

If they were from our MRT team, they should have given you instructions to post a link to the topic that they helped you in and also to state that you have the all-clear to ask for help outside of the topic you were being helped in.

You also need to provide more information in this post about the computer make and model we are helping you solve the wireless problem with.

Then we will take it from there.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 19 September 2011 - 08:33 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:44 PM

EDIT: I realize Gringo_PR assisted you and this is the link to your topic in the malware removal logs forum. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic416872.html

It appears he gave you the go ahead to seek advice in the windows forum, your issue is more of a 'networking' issue more than it is an operating system issue.

I will have your topic moved to the networking forum and after you post the make and model number, we can help you get your wireless up and running again.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#4 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:59 AM

Hi TomKat,

Click Start.

In the search bar type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

Click the + next to the pane Network Adapters so it expands, showing all installed hardware.

Take a screenshot of this window and attach the file in your next post.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users