Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard drive with no partitions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pajaropr

pajaropr

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

I got a computer that wont load windows 7. When i try to reinstall windows 7, it wouldn't let me put it on any of the partitions, when i reset the computer and tried the reinstalltion disk again, no partitions appear. The screen where is says "where would you like to install Windows" is blank no partition. It doesn't let me create a partition either...any ideas on how i can reinstall the operating system,or if the hard drive is at fault and i have to get a new one, or what my best fix can be.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:41 AM

Test the hard drive using the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic utility. You will need to burn the diagnostic utility to a CD in the correct manner, and then boot from the CD to run the Short/Quick test and then the Long/Extended test.

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities

If the hard drive tests OK, then wipe (fill with zeros) the hard drive using the same utility as above. You should then be able to use the Windows installation disk to partition > format > install Windows normally.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users