Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fixredirect rip off

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bigxr

Bigxr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:02 PM

Hi,
I'd like to post a warning to anyone afflicted by the redirect virus.
Whilst battling this nasty virus I was at my wits end, and did something that i'd call stupid if anyone else said they'd done it! - I bit the bullet paid real money for a "100% guaranteed fix" of this virus.
The site is "fixredirectvirus.org" and Whilst there's no malicious software attached to this site, there's absolutely nothing whatsoever in the content that you couldn't or wouldn't have come across for free during your fight against this virus.
The site merely tells you what you already know, links to anti malware that you've already tried, and step by step instructions to use anti virus software that you've probably already tried, and is 100% not a fix for the redirect virus.
It's a complete waste of money, didn't fix my problem and they won't answer emails or honour the "100% no quibble money back guarantee".

Keep your money, Stay away from this sheister, and if anyone manages to contact him (richard@fixredirectvirus.org) give him 1,000 curses of the blue screen of death from me.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users