Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Zune software refusing to install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 don wolfani

don wolfani

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

ok this kind of thing is why I am a linux fag and hate microbleep windblows so much.

I have been trying to install zune in vista for the last hour so that I could actually load music on my windows phone which as you may already know has proprietary software on it to stop me from loading files with anything but zune.

here has been my experience in trying to load music to my win 7 phone.

1. get phone, plug it into machine.
2 find out step one didn't work, try using micro sd card to load music.
3.find out it refuses to load the sd card
4. wait till next day, go to wifi and download installer, bring it home.
5. find out installer needs wifi, go back to town and waste a second day of gas allowance.
6. try to run installer, it fails 3 times claiming the package zune didn't install which I think is what im installing to begin with...
7. click url on error message, it leads to another installer that is twice as many megabytes as the previous.
8 try new installer, it fails 3 times.
9. contacted microsoft via email.
10. realizing now the stress is actually making my vision blur.
11. gonna whine like a bleep till I get to go back to town and shove this phone up AT&t's ass for not telling me I had to use microbleep broken stuff to load music.

seriously ppl im about to kill someone over this pls help me make the damn install work as im on the end of my rope

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

From the Zune website, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2443618?sd=zune .

http://www.zune.net/en-US/products/software/download/default.htm

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users