Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compaq black screen... no Windows start up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 daisy123

daisy123

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

I turned on my computer (Compaq Presario 5000--Windows xp) this morning to find that it could not get past the Compaq screen. Seemed to be frozen. Couldn't even get to Safe Mode. I switched it off and restarted only to get the same results. Upon searching on line for hours to find a solution, I disconnected all power supplies and pulled the battery off the motherboard. Now I get nothing but a black screen with a small blinking line in the upper left hand corner with a v01.05 in the bottom left hand corner and a Compaq (F10=Setup) in bottom right corner. Is it time for a new computer?? And if so... is there any way I can get some info off it before I toss it? I back up often but there are a few pics I would like to have. Thanks for any info you may have for me!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

Worth a look, http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=96382&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=96382&objectID=nph00225 .

Louis

#3 daisy123

daisy123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

I just can't believe it! I REALLY just can't believe it! Louis, you are a genius! I tried all day to find something online when I should have come here first. I can't thank you enough. It is all back to normal. Thank you Louis!!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:31 AM

All credit to HP :), glad you resolved it. Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users