Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network icon appears/fast user switch classic window

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cogs10

cogs10

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

dell dimension 2400
winxppro sp2
2gb ram

1. the network icon keeps appearing in the tray, even though i have rosewill nic driver software that connects for me,
and i'm connected already. i've unchecked and rechecked the properties boxes for no connection and limited connection,
but it reappears after logon. can you tell me how to make it stay according to the checkboxes?

2. my fast user switching reverts to the classic login box, despite fus and terminal svcs being set to auto. it seems
like it decides arbitrarily to either give me the fus window, or the classic window, whenever it wants. can you tell
me how to keep it at the fus non-classic window?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cogs10

cogs10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:20 AM

above, problem #2 (fast user switch reverts to classic) i believe is fixed
using the terminal services fix found here.

still looking for fix for problem 1.

#3 cogs10

cogs10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

lol since i'm talking to myself, the terminal svcs fix didn't work, it still reverts to classic
user switching.

#4 cogs10

cogs10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:09 AM

terminal services won't start
the link above let me know that i should change the command line for terminal services, in the 'path to executable' window (in services), from 'svchost -k netsvcs'
to 'svchost -k termsvcs'. (the problem was also causing the 'user' tab to not show names in the taskmanager, but now they show).

now i'll have to learn how to stop the network connections icon from trying to connect even though i'm connected.

Edited by cogs10, 23 September 2011 - 11:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users