Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BD Rom drive?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trouble at mill

trouble at mill

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

Hello, I recently downloaded an image of memtest 86, and burned the iso to CD, but since then, when looking under 'Computer' I now have a Blue Ray (BD-Rom) drive labeled as drive F:, (no idea where that came from) and in Device Manager under DVD/CD-ROM drives I have a drive listed as VWPUNU VK9Q3CDE38 SCSI CD-ROM Device, (no idea where that came from either) can anyone explain this??
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

From a 4 year old Yahoo Answer:

What is IVI Virtual SCSI CdRom Device for?

That is "Daemon Tools" virtual device driver, you can mount ISO files and other disk images instead of actually burning them to a disk. Conversely, if you just don't want to use your physical media create an ISO image of it once and mount it on the virtual drive as many times as you like (and keep the real disk safe). I think the systray icon is a red box w/ a silver lightning bolt, you can right-click and access the controls for it.

If you backup DVDs using dvdshrink, and want to save battery life, a good method would be the .ISO image format on your hdd and you won't waste power using the dvd drive to play just mount the ISO with daemon tools.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 trouble at mill

trouble at mill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:05 AM

Thanks Buddy 215, that clears that little problem up, many thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users