Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows Installer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JudyH

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 22 January 2006 - 02:33 PM

When I receive messages from a couple of sources I get a window that pops up and says "Windows Installer" It's trying to download something but never gets there...I click on cancel and then it asks do I want to send a report to Microsoft. In most cases Internet Explorer then closes. The messages usually have an attachment or the sender has forwarded something along from another computer. There is no virus or any problem associated with the message. Weird!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:02 PM

Could you please POST the entire error? Do you have a fireware progam, and does it tell you what is trying to access your computer to or from the internet? You very well could have a malware trying to download compontants onto your computer.
What antivirus and antispyware are you running?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users